The ancient practice of Shamanism teaches us that plants have spirits, and that these spirits can be strong medicine. The shaman turns to the spirit of the plant, asking for healing. It is believed that the spirit of the Palo Santo tree contains within it a wisdom that enables the smoke of this burning wood to heal people, but it is a sensitive process that requires a great deal of respect for the tree. It has been burned by Shamans for centuries to clear negativity, attract positive vibrations, as the naturally fragrant smoke of this sacred wood enters and purifies the energetic field. It is also sought after to enhance meditation and concentration. These incense sticks are extremely unique in that they are not held together by any chemicals or isolated oils, but are a rare blend of 100% natural ingredients.
Aroma: Woody, sweet.
Intention: Power and purification.
- Part of a Shamanic tradition.
- Aromatic, 100% natural incense
- Energetically purifying.
- Certified Vegan.
- Bestows power and purification.
- These incense sticks are handmade in the rural Colombian Andes, providing employment to marginalized artisans.
- Sustainably harvested: part of the profits go toward financing the Palo Santo Reforestation Project organized by the Forestry and Environmental Corporation of Manabi (CORFAM) which is fully acknowledged and supported by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Name explanation: Palo Santo means “holy wood.” The name was given to this mystical tree when Spanish monks explored the Amazon, tested its qualities, and realized for themselves their hidden properties.
Why customers love it: These 100% natural incense sticks feature the sought-after Palo Santo wood, known for the naturally fragrant aroma and energetically purifying qualities that Shamans say are released when burned. By blending it with other natural ingredients, and molding it into sticks incense, it is easier to burn and enjoy.
Collection: Palo Santo Incense Sticks