Shamans believe that the spirit of the Palo Santo tree carries a wisdom within it that enables the smoke of this wood to help heal people through an intimate process of honor and respect. For example, the tree is never cut down by way of human intervention, but instead, is harvested only years after it has fallen strictly by natural causes. Because of this, the concentration of its essential oils become considerably increased, thus enhancing their efficacy. When burned, its aroma resembles an irresistibly mystical combination of resin and cinnamon, but has a unique feature that many would not expect... Shamanic wisdom points out that one’s emotional and spiritual purity instill in them an innate attraction to the aroma of Palo Santo.
Shamanic wisdom also teaches us that the scent of cinnamon helps keep evil spirits away. This sacred wood has been burned by Shamans for centuries to invite the naturally fragrant smoke to enter the energetic field for clearing negativity, and attracting positive vibrations. It is also considered helpful for enhancing meditation and concentration.
Aroma: Woody and warm.
Intention: Protection and Prosperity.
- Part of a Shamanic tradition.
- Aromatic 100% natural incense.
- Energetically purifying.
- Imparts protection and brings prosperity.
- Certified Vegan.
- These incense sticks are handmade in the rural Colombian Andes, providing employment to marginalized artisans.
- Sustainably harvested: part of the profits go toward financing the Palo Santo Reforestation Project organized by the Forestry and Environmental Corporation of Manabi (CORFAM) which is fully acknowledged and supported by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Name explanation: Palo Santo means “holy wood.” The name was given to this mystical tree when Spanish monks explored the Amazon, tested its qualities, and realized for themselves their hidden properties.
Ingredients: Palo Santo (bursera graveolens), bamboo, coconut, Cyprus wood, fruit juice, cinnamon bark.
How to use: Light the tip of the incense until it catches fire. Blow it out and place the smoking incense stick into an incense holder. Use with caution and never leave unattended. Keep out of reach of children and away from flammable articles.